It is the traditional Idly sambar in Tamilnadu.The sambar is special for only Idlies & Dosas.It is different from the usual sambar that we made for the rice.We use both thoor dal & moong dal.When my mom make this sambar I eat in tons of idlies & dosa & the Idly & Dosas are also hot.So,I am sharing this to you guys.
- 1 cup Moong dal
- 1/4 cup Thoor dal
- 5 Drumsticks(11/2 inch pieces)
- 1 Carrot (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 Medium size brinjal (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 Potato (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 Medium size tomato
- 1 Medium size onion
- 1 Coriander powder
- 1/2 Chilli powder
- 1/4 Turmeric powder
- Salt for taste
- 2tbsp Oil
- 1 Chopped onion(chopped)
- 1tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2tsp Urad dal
- 3 Curry leaves
1. In a pressure pan fry the moong dal for 6-7 mts.
2. Add the thoor dal,vegetables,chopped tomato,chopped onion,green chillies.
3. Pressure them till 2 whistle.Then,open the pan & add coriander powder,chilli powder,turmeric powder,salt & cook for 5 mts.
4. Now,in a tempering vessel pre-heat the oil & splutter the mustard seeds,urad dal,curry leaves.
5. Add the onion & fry the till gloden brown & add to the sambar.
6. Sambar is ready serve with Idly & Dosa.