Thursday, September 14, 2006
This cabbage kootu is very special in Tamilnadu.Every vegetarian family will have this kootu alteast ones in a week.It a sidedish.It will be good will rice,roti & puri also.But,lazy cooks like me can use this kootuas main dish for rice.It will be ready within 20mts.
1/2 lb Caggage
1 cup Chana dal (boiled)
1 tsp Cumin seeds
3 Green chilles
1 Medium size onion
1 Medium size tomato
1/2 cup Shedded coconut
Salt for taste
1. Pre-heat the oil in a kadai splutter some cumin seeds.
2. Add the chopped onion & cillies fry till golden brown.Add the chopped tomato,turmeric powder & salt & cook for4-5mts.
3. Add the cabbage & cook for 6-7 mts.
4. Then, add the chana dal & transfer the cabbage in to the pressure cooker & cook till 1whistle.
5. Open the cooker & added the shedded coconut & cook for next 5-6mts.
6. Cabbage kootu is ready serve hot with rice,roti & puri.