Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Okra Curry






Okra is very good for brain development for childrens my mother use to tell us when we I was small and Now I use to tell to my son.So,I make okra dises every week.This okra curry is special because it as yogurt also.It is a sidedish.It well me very good with Rice & Roti.So,I am sharing this with you.



Ingredients:

1 lb Okra(cut okra into medium size pieces)
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 Medium size onion
1 Medium size tomato
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Chili powder
2 tbsp Yogurt
Oil
Salt for taste

Method:

1. Pre-Heat the 2-3 tbsp of oil in a kadai put the cut pieces of okra & fry the okra for about 10 mts.

2. Keep the fried okra seperate.Now,in the same kadai pre-heat 2-3 tbsps of oil & splutter the mustard seeds.

3. Add the chopped onion & fry till golden brown.Add the chopped tomato,salt & turmeric powder & cook for 5-6 mts.

4. Then,add the fried okra & cook for 5 mts.Add the coriander powder& chilli powder & yogurt.

5. Mix well keep it in low flame & close the kadai for 3-4 mts.

6. Okra curry is ready serve hot with Roti & Rice.



6 comments:

Priya Bhaskaran said...

I guess this goes well with chapathi-- this dish is new to me-- will give a try soon!!

Vaishali said...

Deepa,
Okra cooked with tomatoes AND yogurt? That's new to me. I normally use either or. I am sure your dish tastes good, though.

Krithika said...

I add yogurt but not tomotoes. I am sure this tastes good. Thanks for sharing

maneka nirmal said...

hey deepa...i was not a big fan of okra until i tried vishali's recipe..now i got one more to try...thanks for the recipe.

Priya Prasad said...

Hi Deepa,

Good recipe on Idly sambar.

Smitha said...

Hi Deepa,

Thank you very much for this recipe. I tried it today and me and my husband finished it. he liked this dish more than any other okra dish. So thank you very much.

Smitha.

 
Tamil Nadu, South Indian, Authentic South Indian, Authentic Chettinad, Salna / Mutton chalna, Spinach Pakoda , Egg Kuruma , Spinach Curry(Pasalikeerai Poriyal) , Kadai Chicken , Gravy Egg Noodles(Mee rabbos in Malaysian) , Sardinas Fish Gravy , Potato in Tomato Gravy , Tindora curry , Idly Sambar , Fish Sambal , Cabbage Kootu , Pepper Chicken , Okra Curry , Chick Peas Kuruma , Bottle Gourd Dal , Quick Egg Fried Rice , Idly and Fried Coconut Chutney , Brinjal and Potato Tarmarind Gravy , Desi Chori(Cow Peas) Tarmarind Gravy , Vegetable Noodles , Payasam , Potato Brinjal Curry, Vendakkai Puzhi Kulambu (Okra Tamarind Gravy) , Peerkangai Kootu (Ridge Gourd Kootu) , Vegetable Rice , Aatu Kari Kulambu (Mutton Curry) , Urulaikizhangu Pattani Poriyal (Aloo Mutter Curry) , Fish Fry , Fish Curry , Chicken Fry , Chicken Gravy , Tomato Chutney , Sambar , Mutton Kuruma